Monday, October 30, 2017

Day 30 of 31 days of Halloween

It started out as a box that had a pair of headphones in it.
Here is the front cover.
  Frist I covered the whole box with black gesso. Next I painted the whole box with black plaint that I mixed in some antique effect. (you can kinda see it in the next photo)
 I stamped the small skeleton on white paper. Tore around it and edged with brown ink. Added splashes of orange, brown and gray to skeleton. Added a rub-on. Raised it up with foam dots.  Distressed the edges of pattern paper and edged with the same brown ink. Then I added washi tape and layers of ephemera.
  On the side you need to open. I added the same distressed pattern paper and edged with the same brown ink. I used the rustic alphabet set. Stamped out OPEN and cut out and inked the sides with brown ink.
  On the other side I used the same paper and distressed it the same way and I took the small skeleton and just stamped the head 8 times and cut out and added it down the side.
 Back cover. Same paper, same distress. Added a large piece of  ephemera to the middle. I then stamped flying skull 3 times on white paper. Colored the skull with a cream colored marker and cut out. Glued in place. 


Inside.
I took some pattern paper and did the left side of the box. Edged with brown ink. For my scene inside the box I took a sheet of watercolor paper and cut it to fit in the inside of the box. I made the sky background using nuance powers. Once that was dry I took a stencil and added some stars with white ink. Next I stamped the small skeleton 2 times on scrap white paper. Fussy cut out one. Covered edge with black marker. glued him to back. Next I did some die cutting and made the grave yard scene.

 Last I fussy cut the hand and part of the arm and stuck it coming out of a grave.
Done.

No comments: