Sunday, February 18, 2018

Go Out

A new challenge over at the Portal blog. More that 2 legs is the challenge.
 
I started off making this postcard with a technique. It is from Wendy Vecchi. She calls them Archival ink backgrounds. Here is a link to watch her video on it. 
This is how I did it. Take Archival ink smoosh it on a craft mat. I took 3 colors. A gray, tan(brown) and a teal . Next you spray 91% isopropyl alcohol on them. Then you take you paper and put it in the ink. The great thing is the paper does not warp.
 
 Please if you do this PLEASE do it in a ventilated area.
 
The alcohol dries fast. So the next step I did was pick out a stencil and used some of the gray ink and added it to my background. Then I had a scrap of pattern paper on the table and I added that to the postcard in the corner.
Then I stamped the Happy Cat stamp on tissue paper.  I did that because at the time I didn't have a clue where I was going with this postcard.
Anyway I glued the stamped image on to the postcard with matte gel.  As that was drying I went through my word stickers and found this saying. I cut and added it to the postcard and I outlined it with black marker.
Then I was looking at it and I felt it still needed something so I grabbed my  mini crown stamp and stamped it on top of the cats head because you all know it is always better with a crown.
Then last I took the teal ink and I stamped  Corner Swirl around the postcard.
Come join the fun with this challenge. I would love to see what you all come up with.

Please link up your artwork here.
Don't forget we also have a Facebook group where you can also share you love of Lost Coast and Carmen's Veranda stamps.
 

No comments: