Monday, June 22, 2020

Background foward

Today I'm at Lost Coast Blog for the new challenge.
Stamps Used:
Again I was watching a video. This one was by Jennifer McGuire and her faux monoprint. So I thought I would give it a try. 
Here are some of my backgrounds I did.

What you have to is ink the paper with dye ink. I used Distress inks. You have to add a lot of ink to make this work. The orange and yellow one I just took the pad and swiped it across the paper. I did the same for the one I used. The circle one I tried with a blending tool. 
Next you have to dry it completely because you are going to heat emboss with clear embossing power for the next step. If the ink is not dry the embossing power will stick to it and we don't want that. After you heat emboss your image, background on the inked cardstock take another white sheet of cardstock and tape it to the top(or bottom) of the embossed piece. 
Have you die cutting machine out because that is what you are going to use to make the second piece with the white 'emboss' area.
Cover the white cardstock so it doesn't get sprayed with water. I used a paper bag. Spray the embossed piece with water. A lot of water. I sprayed it at least 5 to 6 times. Then fold the white cardstock over (because you taped it to the other it is like a hinge)  run it through your die cutting machine. I did mine about 4 times back and forth. you then take it out and you have the white 'emboss' resist on the other piece. If you missed a spot you can just spray it again and run it through. Set aside to dry and now you have 2 backgrounds for the price of 1.  
I then just added it to a white card base and added a die cut flower to the front.  
Come join the fun challenge here 
Also the sale is still going on. 25% off . Go get some stamps.

No comments: