Thursday, May 10, 2018

Do Not Enter

Hello all. I'm here with a Blank Page Muse challenge.  Emboss any way.



I started out with some brown cardstock and I used Tim Holtz 3D embossing woodgrain fades.
Next I used Tim Holtz planks die and cut blanks of wood out from the embossed cardstock.
I then added distress inks around the edges to make them more darker in color.
Here is a closer look at one of them.
I then started working on my background. I took another Tim Holtz embossing fades (brick wall) and some gray cardstock and some distress ink colors and made a background.
Next you start building a boarded up wall/window with your wood embossed planks.  I used mini brads 'nails' to hold the planks in place.

 On a white scrap piece of paper I stamped the corner spider web from Halloween on a shelf set.  It was to bright on this card so I added some gray and black distress ink to it to make it darker. Then I added the spider from that same stamp set to the middle of the web.
 Then on some more scrap white cardstock I stamped Silhouette style bare tree. I fussy cut out some parts of the tree because I wanted it to look like it was getting overgrown with the tree branches growing out from the behind the wood planks.
Lastly I add the Do Not Enter stamp to the front.
Here is the card once again all finished .
Come all the fun for Blank Page Muse here
 















7 comments:

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

Love that wood grain effect! great job!

Cathy F said...

Very cool - those textures! 💞

Katie said...

This is stunning and love the wood textures

Karen said...

so many layers and details...wow!

Sharon said...

Really bold Cathy - great background!

Chris said...

love this and love the planks die

Two Mad Dahlias said...

Creepy and cool! Love it.