Thursday, June 22, 2017

4x4 Rhino with wings

So I started out with Strathmore Artist Tile 4x4.
 I wanted to see how Distress Oxide worked with Nuance Powers. So I did one color of the Distress Oxide (wilted violet). I had to use my favorite color. Then I did the smooching technique with the Distress Oxide. Dried that and then made a watercolor out of the blue, green and purple  Nuance powers .( had some orange left over from when I did the first 4x4 tile so I added it here too)


Next I added them to my 4x4 tile. I hit that with a heat gun to dry.  When dry I stamped the Grunge Diamond Background from Carmen's Veranda.
 
 
 When I was looking at it I thought it still needed something so I splattered black and white paint on it. When that was drying I stamped my Rhino and Winged Skeleton and colored with Copic markers.
I cut the wings of the skeleton and attached them to my rhino and then I took a stamping block that had waves on the side and traced that with a thin black marker to give some lines for the rhino to stand on then I glued the rhino in place.

No comments: